Subject: Re: Bone Problem...
From: "Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]>
To: Mario Cascio <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 17:38:59 -0400

> > >I have created a Poncho (yes, clothing) and when my man bends down, I have 
> > >to make the poncho move as if it is being pulled down by gravity (instead 
 
> >  I am not 100% sure..but from what i have notioced it does not matter at
> > which angle your bone is rotated BEFORE you activate it. Only after you
> > activate it will a change in rotation make a change on your object.
> > 
> >   It sounds as if you are using bones too do all the work..Why not use a
> > combination of bone movement and key frames using a seperate poncho object??
> > Just an idea.

> Why not make a target morph for the poncho.  Should be easily created in 
> modeler.  You could even make it look like the poncho is swinging a 
> little by morphing percentages between the original poncho and the 
> morphed one.  Then add bones to curl the corners of the poncho for extra 
> realism.  Just a thought.

I though of using a Morph, but I want to have a universal poncho that I 
can use no matter what I have him doing (dancing, bending, etc). I though 
that is I had a morph object, then I would be limited to bending for 
instance, and couldn't make him dance! <g> I though of splitting up the 
front and back of the Poncho and using bones.. better you think?
--
"Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]